If you have encountered a problem with the Avast antivirus program, this guide will be useful to you. It will teach you how to quickly solve all kinds of problems for Avast repair. First of all, find the reason for the incorrect work. After that, follow the instructions to a mistake.
Incorrect uninstallation of the antivirus
Here we talk about the most widely known reasons behind why issues emerge when opening the Avast program. It is the off-base uninstallation of the recently installed variant of this application or another antivirus.
Normally, prior to introducing the Avast application, you should eliminate the antivirus that was recently launched on the PC. In case you don’t do this, simply the presence of another antivirus program can cause incorrect work later on. Or on the other hand, even add to the breakdown of the system.
At the time of uninstalling the program, you previously had an exceptional utility for the total removal of utilizations. Thus, it will be very simple to clean the PC from the remainders of the antivirus program. Such applications screen all projects introduced on the PC. We should understand how to distinguish and eliminate remainders of an erroneously uninstalled antivirus utilizing the Uninstall Tool.
- Subsequent to dispatching the Uninstall Tool, a rundown of launched or incorrectly eliminated programs opens.
- We are searching for the Avast program in the rundown or another antivirus that was launched before and ought to have been eliminated from the PC.
- In case we don’t discover anything, the issue with the inconceivability of opening Avast lies in different reasons, which we will tell about underneath.
- In case the remaining parts of an antivirus program are discovered, select its name, and snap on the “Forced Removal” button.
- All remainders of the incorrectly eliminated antivirus are tidied up, after which you can try to start the antivirus once more.
Viruses preventing the program work
Some viruses, if present on the computer, can block the installation of antivirus programs, including Avast. Therefore, in the event of a similar problem, it makes sense to scan the system for malicious code with an anti-virus utility that does not require installation. Or, even better, check your hard drive for viruses from another uninfected computer.
Avast anti-virus may not be installed if the operating system as a whole is damaged. The symptom of this breakdown is that you cannot install not only Avast but most other applications, even those that are not antiviruses.
This is treated, depending on the complexity of the damage. Either by rolling back the system to a restore point or by completely reinstalling the operating system.
As you can see, if you identify the impossibility of installing the Avast antivirus program, first of all, you should establish the causes of the problem. After the reasons have been established, depending on their nature, the problem is solved in one of the above ways.